Sunday, May 2, 2010

jazz fest '10

The day we chose to go (to see Van Morrison) was a wet one, but we still got in some good eats.  Plus some Juvenile and some awesome music in the gospel tent.  Here are some photos of folks enjoying the food--including some damp, dedicated crawfish peelers.





We got the combo on the sign below: potato salad, creole stuffed crab, and catfish almondine.



Next, a soft-shell crab po-boy...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.













Below is Bennachin's stand.  I've never been to the restaurant, so I was happy to taste some of their festival food.



Bennachin's platter:  poulet fricassee (chicken on a stick); fried plantains; and jama jama (sauteed spinach).  I love those sweet plantains mixed with the spinach!



Dedicated crawfish fans.











So many choices, so little room in the stomach.  Until next year: good-bye Jazz Fest.  Hello plenty of parking in the neighborhood. 




Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many moons ago I went to New Orleans and loved it. I remember looking for the famous restaurant that makes Bananas Foster. I found it but didn't go in :( Next time I hope to make it :)

Jennifer White said...

Yummy--

Do you mean Brennan's? I've not made it there yet...perhaps for a special occasion dinner!